Smog Check Manual and Reference Guide
- 2013 Smog Check Manual
- provides specific Smog Check inspection procedures, required inspection types, and station equipment requirements to be
used when performing Smog Checks on the OBD Inspection System (OIS). This manual was adopted into BAR regulations on July 1, 2013.
- Smog Check OBD Reference - provides a summary of pass/fail standards for the On-Board Diagnostic
(OBD) test portion of a Smog Check inspection and instructions for inspecting and repairing vehicles with known OBD test difficulties.
- Smog Check Reference Guide
- contains information pertaining to the operation of a Smog Check station, such as licensing requirements, repair cost waiver, and
equipment maintenance. The Appendices in the Guide also provide advisement related to aftermarket emission parts, alternative fueled
vehicles, and engine changes.
- Smog Check Requirements by Vehicle Type
- specifies Smog Check requirements by vehicle fuel type, model-year, GVWR, and OBD II components.